Announcing TightVNC Version 2.8
October 4, 2016 — GlavSoft company has released new version of TightVNC, its free
remote desktop software. This release (as compared to 2.7.10) includes a number of new
features, improvements and bugfixes.
- Added support for screen orientation changes on the fly (very useful on tablets).
- Added support for “IdleTimeout” registry key which specifies how many seconds
to wait for mouse or keyboard events before closing inactive connections.
- Implemented experimental support for TightVNC Dispatcher that helps to resolve problems
with access to computers behind firewalls and routers.
- Improved support for new Windows systems such as Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and
the corresponding versions of Windows Server.
- Improved single application sharing mode (e.g. do not pass remote keyboard input to other
- Improved performance, especially in the multi-monitor systems.
- Improved reliability of passing clipboard contents between servers and viewers.
- Fixed problems with Shift, Alt and Ctrl modifier keys that might become stuck in the
- Resolved a misterious problem when server disconnected clients for no reason with a strange
error messages like “Connection gracefully closed”.
- Fixed a number of other bugs, stability issues, and a few minor memory leaks.
Licensing Options: Free and Commercial
All components of TightVNC version 2.8 are available either as free software (GNU GPL
license) or commercially. Commercial license is required if
you would like to use TightVNC source code in your proprietary programs or scripts. Also, it
may be a reasonable option if the GNU GPL license is not acceptable for some other reasons.
Please visit this page to read more about commercial licensing.
Remote Ripple, our new VNC Viewer for Android, perfect mobile companion to TightVNC!
by TightVNC Group:
An easy way to broadcast your Windows desktop to the local network.