What is TightVNC?
TightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can
see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard,
just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
- free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available,
- useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes,
- cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client included,
- compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.
With TightVNC, you can:
- cut your expenses and save your time on traveling,
- help your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- make sure nothing wrong is happening on your computers when you are away.
July 4, 2019 – TightVNC for Windows 2.8.23 Released
This version adds performance improvements and a number of fixes. It does not introduce major
features, because most of our work goes to another branch of development, to our new
cross-platform codebase (upcoming version 3.0). In the meantime, we recommended to update
TightVNC to version 2.8.23. Please download the software here
(and read what's changed).
February 9, 2016 – Introducing Remote Ripple for iPhone and iPad
First version of Remote Ripple for iOS has been published today. Remote Ripple is our new VNC
Viewer for Android and iOS, the perfect mobile companion to TightVNC.
Get it in the App Store!
March 25, 2015 – Remote Core SDK: .NET Viewer
We are glad to introduce our newest addition to the TightVNC product family: Remote Core SDK.
It's a Software Development Kit, a set of libraries that implements TightVNC
connectivity, and hides all the complexity of TightVNC protocol behind a simple and
The first component we are offering today is the .NET Viewer SDK. It allows you to
easily add TightVNC Viewer functionality to your .NET-based software. If you are interested,
please see information here.
Read all news