What is TightVNC?
TightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can
see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard,
just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
- free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available,
- useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes,
- cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client included,
- compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.
With TightVNC, you can:
- cut your expenses and save your time on traveling,
- help your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- make sure nothing wrong is happening on your computers when you are away.
March 7, 2018 – TightVNC for Windows 2.8.11 Released
New version improves performance on the server side and fixes a number of problems in both
server and viewer. Download new version here.
April 6, 2017 – TightVNC for Windows 2.8.8 Released
The newest TightVNC fixes just a few problems, but the bugfixes include important
ones. Version 2.8.8 is a recommended update for all TightVNC users. Make sure to download new TightVNC packages. Also, here you can see what's changed in every version of TightVNC.
Grab the newly updated TightVNC packages in Downloads.
Don't forget to see what's new in the updated
versions, as well as in all previous releases.
February 9, 2016 – Introducing Remote Ripple for iPhone and iPad
First version of Remote Ripple for iOS has been published today. Remote Ripple is our new VNC
Viewer for Android and iOS, the perfect mobile companion to TightVNC.
Get it in the App Store!
March 25, 2015 – Remote Core SDK: .NET Viewer
We are glad to introduce our newest addition to the TightVNC product family: Remote Core SDK.
It's a Software Development Kit, a set of libraries that implements TightVNC
connectivity, and hides all the complexity of TightVNC protocol behind a simple and
The first component we are offering today is the .NET Viewer SDK. It allows you to
easily add TightVNC Viewer functionality to your .NET-based software. If you are interested,
please see information here.
Read all news